My simple life

The life of a simple guy, man, boy... who is always so favoured by God.... Never good with fancy words.... just blessed with a simple joy... something not all man has... but if they want it... they only need to ask... Jesus said:"Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete" (John 16:24)

Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Rodeo and Brazos Bend in March

Some updates for March.

March 22, Zhiying's birthday... we spent the weekend without the dodo couple as they went to join Girls Gone Wild in Panama City, Florida.

We have been wanting to go Rodeo once more, but for the 3 weeks that Rodeo was on, it was either she was busy or I was busy.

Finally, we managed to get a ticket from Stubhub. A little pricy, but we were seated in the bottom section, about 10-15 rows from the front. We had a great view of all the events that were ongoing.

I managed to take some pictures, and videos, and am really happy to bring back memories of this unique event in Houston.

It was not a particularly romantic affair, but i think we both enjoyed the experience a great deal. Seeing the "cowboy"ish activities, and soaking in the texan atmosphere is something that we both appreciate.

Some photos taken: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=32383&l=2dda2&id=712647233

That saturday ended with a dinner to this Tex-mex place for the farewell of our Korean colleague, Kyle Lee. He was here on a Global exchange, and was heading home after 18 months in Houston. Both Zing and I met him during one of our Internal Audit visits on Hines....

Sunday came, and my pollen allergy was so bad that I was bedstruck the whole day. I managed to watch some NCAA basketball.... there were several intense game, which was great.

Another week passed, and the following weekend, we joined Loren and his family at Brazos Bend State Park, which is like a 50 mins drive from Houston. Relatively near for a decent size park. It all began 2 weeks ago when he asked if I ever had s'mores. I didnt know what it was, so he told me it's this sweet desert thing that Americans make over BBQ. Basically, it's one or two roasted marshmallow and melted chocolate, placed between 2 Graham brand crackers (or S'poreans say biscuits).

So he asked us to join him that weekend. It was a really pretty park. We went there about 1.5hrs before meeting Loren, and took a quick walk. We even saw an Alligator which we walked by without noticing. Only when we spoke to one of the park goers, did they point it out to us. A huge one in fact, but it was minding its own business.

We went to join Loren and Tamara, with their kids, Evie and in the evening, and had simple stuff like hot dog with bread and s'mores. We were joined by Mike and his wife, Loren's neighbours and friends. It was a really relaxing time when we sat by the campfire till it was almost 10pm.... just taking it easy, talking about ourselves, asking about them, enjoying the nature, the dark sky... the campfire... and some guitar strumming by Mike.

We enjoyed the park, and promised to try to go back there again... if we can find an empty weekend.

Some photos taken: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=33205&l=26a30&id=712647233

The following day, my pollen allergy acted up again, and I was suffering from a sore eye (yes, just the right one). I had to stay at home to rest more on Sunday.

My allergies (something I never had before) got worse and I went to get the presciption that the doctor gave me during the week, and was hoping that I will get better before the weekend comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home