My simple life

The life of a simple guy, man, boy... who is always so favoured by God.... Never good with fancy words.... just blessed with a simple joy... something not all man has... but if they want it... they only need to ask... Jesus said:"Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete" (John 16:24)

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Readings for yesterday

Matthew 6
19"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

This is a good passage for someone like me.... who usually forgets that whatever in the world now is temporary... When I got to the US... I am always thinking about personal satisfaction... personal fulfilment.... being with people... having fun... travelling... enjoying my life for me and me alone......

While God DOES want me to enjoy my life... and derive personal satisfaction in the things I do... He doesnt want me to forget that the real purpose in my life is to reach out to the needy... that is where His heart is....

Coming here and being overwhelmed by many small things to settle.... I have developed a sense of "my time is for me to do MY things" attitude... I go to church... help out at service.... but i lost the hunger to help the needy... I lost the "die to self" mentality.....

I pray to God... asking for him to help me... rediscover the hunger... rediscover the love for the needy... Thank God and Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home