My simple life

The life of a simple guy, man, boy... who is always so favoured by God.... Never good with fancy words.... just blessed with a simple joy... something not all man has... but if they want it... they only need to ask... Jesus said:"Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete" (John 16:24)

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My talk with God

Yesterday... I couldnt go to sleep.... so I woke up... I went to talk to God.... Physically, I was reading the bible like many other times... but this time... I decided to read it, and be sensitive to God's message for me in the verses I read.

I read Matthew 5... and was on verses 23 - 24".... if you are offering your gift at the altar and there remember that your brother has something against you, leave your gift there in front of the altar. First go and be reconciled to your brother, then come and offer your gift"

This must be the upteemth time that I read these verses, but I always remembered it as "if I have something against my brother".... so I had this differences with a friend. I felt that he could have something "against" me, but I questioned myself honestly, and was able to say that I was not holding anything against him. Hence I did not try to resolve the "issue" between us. I always use the excuse... it is not with me... I have nothing against him... so the issue lies with him... "ball is not in my court"

But God had a different message for me... He wants me to go reconcile with someone whom I think/know has something against me. I may not harbour any ill feelings, but I still have to make the first step to reconcile with him.

I prayed about it... and knew God has this message for me, knowing this particular issue.

So this afternoon, I finally followed God's message for me... and talked to him. It was good, and we exchange some nonsense.... and had quite a decent talk.

I am glad that I followed the promptings of God.... and resolved this "knot".... God is good... he guided me through it... Thank God...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home