My simple life

The life of a simple guy, man, boy... who is always so favoured by God.... Never good with fancy words.... just blessed with a simple joy... something not all man has... but if they want it... they only need to ask... Jesus said:"Ask and you will receive, and your joy will be complete" (John 16:24)

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My talk with God... part 2

Following my previous post...

I read some really powerful messages that I want to note down in this online journal of mine.

Matthew 5:37 "Simply let your 'Yes' be 'Yes', and your 'No', 'No'; anything beyond this comes from the evil one."

I have quoted this verse in many ocassions... but never really got the true message.

I am a big preacher of the "GRAY area" in our life... and I have always said that many things cannot be a straight yes... or a definite no... there are always a "depends" in all situations... almost... being blessed with the ability to twist some whites into blacks, rights into wrongs... I have often convinced myself of this "gray" substance.

Today... I got the message from God... when in doubt, ask yourself... "What would Jesus do?"

There was also another verse...

Matthew 5:28 "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart."

Being a weak man God made me... this is a message that I definitely should bear in mind... When a woman with a good figure walks by.... when the cheerleaders are doing their sexy moves... I should learn to look away. Always try not to tempt myself by giving that "second look". I pray that God will remind me that... he already had during tonight's game.

Thank God....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home